Susan Lyon Hintze's Representative Experience
- Defends companies from start-ups to large corporations in privacy and security investigations and actions brought by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), state attorneys general and consumer agencies, and international data protection authorities, including representation of HTC in FTC investigation, settlement, and order compliance of alleged mobile security vulnerabilities and AdMob in FTC privacy investigation relating to Google acquisition.
- Represented clients in successful confidential resolution without settlement of CAN-SPAM, FTC Act and Children's Online Privacy Protection Act federal regulatory investigations.
- Drafted comments to FTC and Department of Commerce privacy reports on behalf of CTIA, the Wireless Association.
- Develops employee and customer privacy and security policies, programs, risk assessments, and training, including safe harbor programs, for numerous technology and retail clients.
- Conducts privacy due diligence for mergers and acquisitions.
- Guides clients through data security breach response remediation and notification obligations.
- Advises clients on cloud computing data protection issues and strategy.
- Counsels clients on privacy issues relating to behavioral targeting and advertising, online and mobile tracking and monitoring using automatic tracking technology such as IP address, cookies, Web beacons, location-based services and the like and on related issues of anonymization, aggregation and de-identification.
- Provide frequent counsel on global strategy for privacy compliance including in the area of marketing and sales and regarding EU to U.S. data transfers.